lundi 12 avril 2010

Blues in Open Dminor

Chris talks about the blues legacy and Open D minor:
I've been playing open D minor since I was 16. It's a wonderful key, I use it for bottleneck and chords also. I've developed my own chords over the years, I guess they may be written somewhere, I don't know. I've only ever recorded 2 pieces with it. One many years ago on Dobro. Recently a track which I believe maybe a today's version of Delta. I spent many years playing Delta blues and this is a sound and style that is very dear to me. The open tuning gives this blues such deep soul. I have a great regard for the blues guys from this era, Skip James, Son House, Bukka White, Charlie Patton and Big Bill Broonzy, I love them all. I believe from listening to them has given me the freedom in my soul to play what I do today.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire