mardi 19 avril 2011

Review of Crossroads to Freedom by Jerry W Henry in the Tannehill Trader April 2011
by Chris Dair on Sunday, 17 April 2011 at 16:06

I have been in the music business pretty much all my life. I have a love for music that seems to control most of what I do in life. I am a music journalist along with several other music related jobs and projects. As a music journalist I don’t review the bad stuff. I only write reviews on releases that have merit. I listen to an average of 4 releases to find 1 worthy of a review.
~ Jerry W. Henry (JerryW.Henry@yahoo.com)


Chris Dair’s Crossroads To Freedom (self released) is a 13 song collection for those who want serious guitar work. The guitar work on Crossroads To Freedom is amazing - tastefully amazing. Chris Dair is French, he sings very well and can play guitar with the best of them. That’s all I know about the man. Track 2 is “See The Stars” which has a moody melody that is hard to get out of your head once you have heard it. Listening to “Lovin’ You Too Much,” I checked the liner notes to make sure it wasn’t Johnny Winters.
On “Never Comin’ Home Blues” he added sounds like it was on a 78 rpm vinyl disc. When he plays “Last Fall” you think is from the swamps with a sound somewhat like Tony Joe White or J.J. Grey. I enjoyed every single track on this blues masterpiece. Don’t expect an hour of Hendrix frenzy. There are all kinds of tempos and he never overplays. This guy is brilliantly creative. Diversity in styles and composition make this a great blues listen.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire